Butternut Squash Fries
I had this butternut squash one time and I was craving fries, so born were the butternut squash fries. Why not make butternut squash fries? Fries are made from potatoes, sweet potatoes, turnips. It’s just another long sliced vegetable baked to perfection.
It is fall and squash are plenty. Fries are comforting..
Mix butternut squash pieces, salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil
Lay fries on a pan evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the squash into 1/4 inch pieces, however small or large you like your fries, but be consistent.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and coat the fries evenly with spices and olive oil.
- Put on a baking sheet evenly spaced.
- Cook for 15 minutes, turn over, and cook for 10 more. Be careful when you turn them as they get soft. Every oven is different so keep an eye on them. Mine took about 25 minutes.
- Use however much seasoning you want to, I tend to add extra.
- A half squash is a good amount for 2 people.
- Use the whole squash if you want; you may need two sheets.
Benefits: Butternut squash provides us with plenty of vitamin A and vitamin C. Vitamin A is important for cell growth, vision, and reproduction to name a few. Vitamin C is great for healing tissues and helping our body make collagen. If you hurt yourself or are sick, vitamin C can certainly help.
Fresh Flavors: Try comforting baked butternut squash fries for extra nutrition.