A creamy chicken soup we make all the time with some hidden veggies inside.
We enjoy this recipe with crackers or sourdough toast.
Creamy Chicken Soup
Hide cauliflower in this comforting creamy chicken soup
- 1 lb. cooked chicken leftover or rotisserie
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 12 oz. bag frozen cauliflower
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound potatoes cut into small cubes
- 1/2 bag baby carrots cut into small circles
- 2 stalk celery minced
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat canned (ANY milk works)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- optional spinach, peas, broccoli florets
- Heat butter or oil in a large pot. Add diced onion. Cook for a few minutes until softer. Add garlic. Cook for about a minute. Add cauliflower and broth and cover the pot until cauliflower is easily pierced with fork.
- Scoop out chunks with a spoon and transfer to a blender with the milk and blend until smooth. Save for a bit later.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and celery to the pot with broth. Cover and steam about 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add cooked chicken, all seasonings, and the cream you blended earlier. Mix together and enjoy.
- Optional: Add a cup of peas or a few cups of spinach to add some green.
- I use chicken thighs and cook in a crock pot so they are ready to go if I don't have frozen leftover chicken. You can use any type of chicken. If you need to cook it, just boil it until done. A rotisserie chicken is a good, quick option for ready to go.
- Feel free to use regular milk in this recipe. I like to use canned full fat coconut milk.
- Recipe inspired by My Heart Beets