Healthy Candy Bars
Stop what you’re doing and make this healthy and delicious candy bar! The ingredients are nutritious and taste better than any unhealthy popular candy bar.
You can use any type of nut or nut butter with these if you have issues with peanuts. I have only tried peanut. I also increased the amount of chocolate because chocolate is perfect, always.
Healthy Candy Bar Recipe
- 14 ounces pitted dates
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (any nut butter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup puffed brown rice
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts (any nut)
- 4 ounces chocolate
- Process the dates, peanut butter, peanuts, and vanilla in the food processor. This should form a ball that sticks together well
- Mix with the puffed brown rice in a bowl
- Press into the bottom of a standard loaf pan lined with parchment paper
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 3o seconds or so (or use a double boiler for weirdos without microwaves like me)
- Pour chocolate on top and refrigerate
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Benefits: The dates provide fiber and vitamins instead of sugary empty calories. Peanuts and peanut butter provide proteins and B vitamins with magnesium, for heart health. The puffed brown rice is gluten free for those who need it and also full of vitamins. I use a dark chocolate which provides antioxidants among other important minerals.
Fresh Flavors: Enjoy a healthy candy bar using dates and nuts.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.