This is probably the best smoothie I have made. It also is made not with bananas and that’s a common thing out there to sweeten and smooth. Dates give the sweetness here and cashews give the smoothness. Bye, bye bananas.
*Mindyfresh is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
I recently got a Vitamix (which was definitely on sale!) and it’s also the best thing ever. It smooths every single smoothie just right. You can use any tough ingredient and it will just be gone with the Vitamix. I realize not everyone has a high powered blender, so to make this healthy chocolate shake, you may need to soak the cashews so they soften a bit before blending. Most good blenders should be able to handle this though.
I’m not going to bore you with any more text because I know that drives me crazy when I try to find a recipe. Enjoy this healthy chocolate shake! I dare you to compare it to a regular one.
All these ingredients can be found easily at Thrive Market or at your local store.
Fresh Flavors: Make a healthy chocolate shake with nutritious ingredients so you don’t feel like you’re missing out.
Chocolate Shake Smoothie
- 1/4 cup raw cashews may need to soak before in water
- 1-2 cups ice
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk any type of milk will work!
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1-2 handfuls spinach
- 2 whole pitted dates
- optional add-ins peanut butter, collagen powder, greens powder, coffee powder, any leafy green, cauliflower
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender. Add desired other ingredients.
- If you do not have a high powered blender, the smoothie may work better if the cashews were soaked in water a little before blending. It might be okay though, give it a try.
- Dates must be pitted, obviously. No one wants that.
- Adjust ingredients as necessary. I don't typically measure out, this is an estimate of a time when it worked well, to be quite honest.
- It does not have to be vanilla almond milk, I've tried regular whole milk and it's about the same.
- Both sweet and unsweetened cocoa powder work, but I'd recommend unsweetened