There is a healthier latte that my husband and I enjoy from time to time. We call it “fancy coffee” that we make with our Ninja coffee bar. A healthier latte is one without artificial ingredients. It’s not about the cream that’s put in coffee; it is the type of cream. I have for you a wonderful blend of real, healthy ingredients to make a fancy coffee at home.
Of course it’s okay to treat yourself once in a while. Don’t feel guilty about it. Sometimes that $5 latte is just what you need. Essentially all the chain coffee shops are similar unless you have a local coffee shop that serves real, wholesome ingredients. The “healthiest coffee” would be black coffee in most cases because there is nothing else in it. Here are three reasons you should start making your coffee this way and at home rather than at your favorite popular coffee joint.
Ingredients in creamers
- The dry creamers don’t even have dairy; rather, they are filled with corn syrup solids and other artificial ingredients. These are terrible and you should stop using dry dairy-free creamers. Check your ingredients in the refrigerated types first as some of those may be okay.
Ingredients in coffee joint lattes
Price of coffee joint drinks
- We all know it cost about $5 every time you want a fancy coffee. Find out how I make coffee at home to Save Money For Healthier Food.
- You’re paying a lot of money for something that is not beneficial to the body.
Ingredients in a Healthier Coffee
- Whole milk, coconut milk, or almond milk
- Blackstrap Molasses ( you can sub with maple syrup)
- Maple Syrup/Honey
- Coconut Oil
Why Coconut Oil in Coffee?
Coconut oil is metabolized in such a way that it does not store as fat but instead provides lasting energy. The medium chain triglycerides in coconut oil apparently reduce aging and increase weight loss results. Pairing it with coffee is a nice addition. Coconut oil also helps boost the immune system and keep you feeling full. I talk more about coconut oil benefits in my Freezer Fudge post. Do not use too much coconut oil if you’ve never done it before (can cause gastric emptying.. if you’re not used to it!). Stick with the 1 tsp or less if you’d like and go from there. It is necessary to actual blend this otherwise you can have oil sitting at the top.
Fresh Flavors: Make a quick healthier latte with milk, coconut oil, and a healthy sweetener.