The First Step to Your Best Health
What is the best way to get healthy? Why does it have to be so complicated? Everyone hears and gives different information. There’s hundreds of diets out there claiming to be the best, saying they will get us healthy. There is one thing we can all agree on: real food is best. This is the best way to get healthy and started on a path to better health without counting calories or carbs.
Actual statements that I have heard:
“My doctor said stop eating eggs because of cholesterol, now I eat EggBeaters”
“Potatoes are bad because they are starchy and will make me fat”
“I was told to only eat 1000 calories a day”
“Butter has too much fat so I eat the margarine with canola oil”
“Coffee is bad for you” -whilst drinking diet soda
Eat Real Food
With all the varying information, it is easy to get overwhelmed. It can be so confusing. We have to start simple. The best way to get healthy right now is eat real food. I can’t stress that enough. Putting garbage in your body will make you feel like garbage. Stop wasting your time counting and worrying about what macro nutrients to eat and when. If it grows in the ground or on a tree, or comes from an animal, you can eat it.
- Swap a 100% real beef hot dog instead of Oscar Meyer worst-things-ever
- Mash real potatoes instead of using a box full of fake potatoes with fake oils
- Make your own salad dressings instead of buying chemical filled shelf stable dressings
- Add real cream to your coffee instead of dairy-less corn-filled creamer
- Use real butter and not the vegetable oil filled margarines
- Have a piece of fruit rather than a fruit snack
- Make real biscuits instead of that awful cylindrical popping can
You get the idea.
It’s SO important that we worry about this rather than anything else. Chemicals do not belong in our body. Real food does. I don’t care if it takes more time, it’s worth it. Counting each thing we eat is overwhelming and will not lead to a lifestyle change. We can all agree on eating real food.
Fresh Idea: The best way to get healthy: eat actual food.