Chicken Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
I have been trying my best to make recipes that are super easy and easily prepared ahead of time. These crock pot chicken taco stuffed sweet potatoes were very easy and ready when I arrived home from work. That’s exactly what I am going for and I can assume you’d want to feel the same about your dinner, right?
It involves two things in the crock pot: sweet potatoes and chicken tacos. I made the chicken tacos ahead of time (since I only have one slow cooker). I do have an pressure cooker but I am still unsure how to use that as a crock pot (anyone help me out?)
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Make Sweet Potatoes:
- Clean the sweet potatoes
- Wrap each potato in foil
- Place in crock pot on low for 8 hours
Make Chicken Tacos:
This can be made in the crock pot. Typically you’ll use more than 1 lb of meat but I only have two to feed (maybe 2.2 with the little one) and a budget, so beans it is! This is what you’ll need to put in the crock pot for 6-8 hours:
- 1 lb Chicken (feel free to use other meats, or more meat)
- 2 tbsp chipotle taco seasoning for 1 lb of meat
- See my post on homemade chipotle taco seasoning
- Also, I won’t judge you if you buy a packet
- 1 can of beans (or homemade)
- I put these in afterwards so they didn’t get too mushy
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 1 small onion, minced/sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- A little water/chicken broth
- Cook the sweet potatoes
- Cook the chicken tacos
- Slice the sweet potatoes in half
- Put the chicken taco mixture on top of each half
- Top with cheese or avocado
- Chicken taco stuffed sweet potato success.
Benefits: Sweet potatoes provide vitamin A, which is great for vision (just make sure a fat is included with them to help absorb it!). They also have a good amount of vitamin C which is great for healing tissues. Also found is manganese, copper, and B vitamins, all important in body function. Manganese especially helps form tissue and regulates blood sugar.
Fresh Flavors: Crock pot chicken taco stuffed sweet potatoes are healthier than using a tortilla shell due to extra nutrition.